Sunday, September 16, 2007

Autumnal Bliss

It has been what I would call a "fantabulous" weekend. The weather has been gorgeous. Sunny and mid-60s - very fall-like. Some trees are even starting to turn. I've just been puttering around the house working on my various decorating projects and cooking some of my favorite food. I am also enjoying watching the Steelers massacre the Bills!!
Yesterday I made Cinncinati-style chili. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it is a very flavorful meat chili with a smooth texture which is served over spaghetti or on hot dogs. It's also served with your choice of topping when on spaghetti, either kidney beans, chopped onion or shredded cheese. I like mine "three-way", which is all of the above. I just put some classic cabbage rolls in the oven a few minutes ago. A bit of work to make all of the parts and put it together, but absolutely yummy with a Yeungling Lager! So I'll have plenty of good chow for the week. Later on this week I'll be making some Chick Pea Soup and Black Bean Enchiladas. I am so in the mood for cool weather food!
Well, now I'm going to replace the tile in the hallway between the kitchen and living room. Right now it's a lovely fake brick pattern that matches absolutely nothing around it. I lucked out and picked up 30 tiles for 8.99 at Ollie's Outlet that make a good transition from room to room. And that's pretty good considering the bathroom is also off of that hallway! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I finish all of these projects.... I guess I'll do more hiking in the state forest I live near! I LOVE AUTUMN!! Even though it's not officially here yet. :)

1 comment:

LoupGarou said...

mmmmmm....chili

it's going to suck when all the tourists come to watch the leaves turn next month. :)