Saturday, January 10, 2009

No, I'm not dead....

.....I've just been doing other things! I know I am being totally rude to those few people who actually read this somewhat sparse review of my daily doings, but what can I say...I'm easily distracted. But now that the holiday season has ended and I'm a little more settled into my new position at work, (Did I mention I was moved to a different division? I'm still doing the same thing, but in a different area) I'm finally working on my various projects again. This weekend I've been doing some decorating since I've decided I'll probably be in this apartment for at least another year.
I finally finished the Moroccan style doors/shutters that I found at an antique store. I think they came off of some kind of cabinet. I just sanded them a bit, then painted them a dark brown, faux woodgrain and added the red and gold beads I already had. Total cost was about $30 for two of them.


Before










After











I also painted two walls of my living room. That particular corner was rather dark and far away from the windows. Not to metion the fact that I was just coming home from work during the week and not doing much since the place was way too calm in color. The color I chose is called Woodlawn Music Room by Valspar. It is just the right shade to go with my black, brown and misty green that I have elsewhere in the living room. Like a bit of sunshine in the woods!

That's about it for now! I will do my best to update more often!

No comments: