Saturday, June 7, 2008

mhunkee and playbill


The countdown begins to the first preview performance of [title of show] on Broadway!! I can't wait! A friend and I are going up to NYC for the weekend to see the show at the Lyceum (buy tickets now if you haven't already!) I opted to go to the first preview show rather than the "opening night" because a) I am off work for the preview show and b) it won't be so crazy afterwards and I should be able to chat with my cousin Jeff for a little while. I think I was probably 5 or 6 the last time I saw him since they moved to Florida when we were little. Anyhoo, I've been listening to the [tos] CD a lot and- if it's possible- I love it more everytime I listen to it. It always inspires some new thought and mostly inspires me to keep creating whatever I like and not worry about what people might think or if it's any good. (My favorite number in the show is Die,Vampire,Die!) I think anyone, anywhere who has ever done anything remotely creative can connect with the show on some level. (That sounded good didn't it? Very all-inclusive and possibly a little [title of show] )
And speaking of shows, I also recently went to see Duran Duran in concert in Philly. It was amazing! They sound even better in person. The opening band was Your Vegas and they were so good I went out and bought their CD the next day. Duran Duran's set started with some of their new songs from Red Carpet Massacre. I love the new stuff as much as the old because it really has the flavor of their early stuff mixed with the intense dance rhythms provided by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake. It reminds me of their first three albums when they were more funky and danceable. Their middle set was an all electronic mix of new and old. I love how the reinvented some of the old songs. And the last set was all the good old hits. The whole show had an amazing energy and it was a blast!!

No comments: